Monday, January 18, 2010

Time until Takeoff<15 Hours

My suitcase is packed, save a few last minute items. Camera is charging, and my 3 oz or less containers of liquid or gel that will be on my carry on are about to make their way into the one 1-qt see-through plastic bag that I am allowed. The Department of Transportation Security Administration's website outlines these important rules dedicated to my safety. They state that I am allowed "reasonable amounts over 3.4 ounces," (but of course these items must be declared to a Security Officer and probably strip-searched). But I wonder what an unreasonable amount would be... Who are they to tell me just how much shampoo and dish detergent I need on this flight? I shouldn't be upset though, because I am allowed to bring prosthetic breasts or bone-marrow, were I to need them for medical reasons.

I have digressed from the original intent of this post.

My friend, Ann, is connecting with my flight tomorrow and accompanying me to Germany for a week, where I'll visit Aram, Petra, and my niece, Kami. She's new. (3 months new) I am very excited to make her acquaintance. I'm also so happy that Ann is coming with me! It'll be nice to have a buddy to navigate the airport and our connecting flight, not to mention how nice it will be to explore Europe with her without classes or work to get in the way of our fun

I am sad to say my goodbyes to everyone in the US. But I try to remind myself that they are just see-you-laters.

Well, I had better make sure I have everything in order and make myself a midnight snack.
Goedenacht!

1 comment:

  1. i misss your sense of humor alrdyyyy. bbh this semester is prolly miserable without us. post soon

    loveeeyouu

    ReplyDelete