Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Ups

I'm told that I am supposed to be going through a bunch of ups and downs of culture shock or something... but to be honest its been all ups for a few weeks now. Everytime that I wake up here I'm a little awestruck at how amazing my life is and how lucky I am. Even bike riding doesn't bring me down. Which I am getting a bit better at by the way.

Classes are still going well- interesting discussions, lots of reading.

My big bro Aram was here for a few days for a conference. (Or so he claims.) We had a great time hanging out. He introduced me to some of his favorite spots here, and we went to an area called Jordan for some shopping. We were on a quest for a gift for Kami. Let me tell you, it is difficult to shop for a 4 month old in this city. But we found a really neat pop-up book at an artsy furniture store. And I found some baby socks at the Doppermarkt- the outdoor market near my apartment.

I'm about to go to the grocery store to pick up some things. But I realized I hadn't written anything in a while so I wanted to update everyone.

Tot Ziens!

No comments:

Post a Comment